We established a Project and a Deployment, and saw an App on a device, but that App containing only a Login component.
Now we will further develop the "Community Health" App by adding patient registration functionality.
- The first thing we need to do is define an Object Type representing a patient.
- Then we need to design a question-response dialogue with the user - Define a Registration Process in Logiak terms - to elicit and store the information about a specific Patient.
- When we have defined the Registration Process, then we will want to use it in the App, so we add the Process as a Process Component.
- But we need some UI to make it possible for the user to start the Process. For this tutorial, let us first put the Process Component within a Actions Component
- Now let us link in the Actions Component into the App by making it what shows after Login. In Logiak terminology, make the Actions Component the destination of the "on Login" transition.
After we do these steps, we end up with an App Structure like this:
Now, if you click the devmode refresh button on the top-right of the login screen, after it completes the refresh, you will be able to login.
You will see the Main Actions component, with the single action "Patient Registration".
When you click on Patient Registration, it will start the Process and prompt you with the questions eliciting the information about the patient.
Use right arrow to navigate forwards after responding to a question.
After the Process completes, the Create Object (instance) action will execute and new data will be written to the database.
We are not currently showing the data in the App (next Tutorial step), so we can't actually yet see the data on the device..
However, if we take a version of the Project, then update the Version in the Deployment, and push the changed Deployment configuration to the Cloud, we can already view data via the Analysis tab of the Deployment ...